Keystone Award Finalist (Silver):
2018: Best Interior Design – 2017 Dream Home
2017: Best Interior Design – Timeless Style with Hexagon Tiles
2011: Best Residential Renovation Value Under $75,000 – Remarkable Transformation
Criteria – Best Residential Renovation (Valued at Under $75,000)
- Respect for existing architecture and surroundings
- Quality of workmanship and finishing details
- Compatibility of building materials
- Special and unique design
- Energy efficiency considerations
- Creative and efficient use of space
- Aesthetic consideration of interior and/or exterior
- Kitchen, Dining, Powder Room, Laundry.
- New cabinets, counters, doors, plumbing, lighting, appliances, flooring, wiring, insulation, and some ducting in 350 SF. Total cost: $33,116.02 including taxes (GST on labour) = $94.62 per SF.
- Before kitchen barely fit 2 people. Couldn’t stand at sink and open fridge. Couldn’t do dishes and open fridge or oven. Minimal storage. Outdated. Claustrophobic.
- Covered window inside: maintains strata complex exterior.
- Half light door: more natural light.
- Had to keep sink wall in existing location.
- Upper cabinets flanking range and corner: glazed for interest.
- Base cabinets: drawers for accessible storage.
- 6 new energy star appliances.
- New insulation in kitchen walls and ceiling.
- Great task and overall lighting. CFL bulbs.
- Abundant counterspace and storage.
- Space for future island or small table.
- Powder room door moved to adjacent wall for privacy and sightlines.
- Neutral colours: timeless and flexible.
2010: Best Single Family Detached Home Under 1500 Sq. Ft. (Associate) – Foxtail Family Home
2009: Best Resort Development (Associate) – Tod Mountain Ranch
- Timeless rustic style
- Luxurious cabins c/w full bathrooms; covered porches; patio; fire pit; dining room; pool table, shuffleboard; card table; board games; reading library; TV lounge; internet-accessed PC; guest laundry
- Radiant heat/R15 underslab; Roxul: R28 walls, R48 ceilings; Low E/Sunblock windows; Zero-emission wood-burning fireplace; Energy Star appliances; Low flush toilets; Solar-Ready
- Complements existing heritage buildings, blends with natural landscape. Positioned around existing trees and to showcase view down valley.
- Collaborated with First Nations regarding 30,000 hectares of horseback riding trails
- Limited budget. Utilized existing rock to retain aggressively sloped lot.
- Excellent! 300 booking inquiries to date.
- Custom designed, hand-crafted log furniture
- Polished/Etched concrete floors; 28′ rock fireplace/wood mantle incorporated into wall of windows, south facing for solar gains
- Private staff accommodations above c/w exterior access via private deck.
- Guest/Staff areas separated. Efficient flow throughout.
- Commercial Function: Heritage Feel
Adults looking for a rustic yet luxurious western/horseback-riding vacation surrounded by the natural beauty in beautiful British Columbia.